Test locations & info about your country
Stay up to date with the latest information about your country before starting your flight.
Check your trip
Curious about the up-to-date information about your trip? TravelDoc is continuously updated.
COVID-19 test locations
If you need a negative COVID-19 test result before departure, please check these overviews below of test locations.
Test locations and information worldwide
Covid-19 information and test facilities for Greece
All passengers, regardless of nationality that are allowed to enter Greece and are aged over 12 years old are required to:
- Be fully vaccinated (depending on the doses required) at least 14 days prior to travel and to hold the appropriate vaccination certificate, or
- Hold a RT-PCR test certificate obtained from an accredited laboratory within 72 hours prior to their time of arrival in Greece, or
- Hold a Rapid Antigen test certificate obtained from an accredited laboratory within 48 hours prior to their time of arrival in Greece, or
- Hold a certificate of recovery from Covid-19 that is issued at least 30 days after their first positive Covid-19 test result, and within 2-9 months before travelling, or
- Hold an EU Digital Covid Certificate, either in digital or paper form. This should include information regarding vaccination, or the last result of Covid test or proof of recovery from Covid within the accepted time frame.
The airline is not allowed to carry passengers who fail to comply with above requirements.
Prior to travelling to Greece, international flights’ customers must hold:
- A valid e-PLF receipt and the generated QR code confirming they, or someone they are travelling with (e.g. parent, tour guide), have filled-in the Passenger Locator Form (PLF).
Airlines are required to confirm fulfilment of the above requirement before boarding.
Kindly note that passengers may be subject to random COVID-19 rapid test upon their arrival
Travelling to the Netherlands
Travelling to the Netherlands:
No self-quarantine required when entering the Netherlands from a country or region within the EU/Schengen area.
Make sure to enter your entire route if your trip includes transfers.
Athens International Airport in partnership with IATRIKON ATHINON have put in place PCR and Rapid test facility as follows:
PCR Tests locations:
- From 07:00 till 23:00 indoors at Departures level opposite to check in counter 150, located close to entrance No 4 of the Departures Main Terminal Building.
- From 23:00 till 07.00 indoors at Arrivals level between entrance doors 2 and 3.
Antigen Rapid Tests location: Indoors at Arrivals level between entrance doors 2 and 3 of Arrivals Main Terminal Building.
Opening hours: 24/7
Antigen Rapid Test Results: Usually available in 15-30 minutes. IATRIKON will provide passengers with a test outcome certificate in English. Upon testing passengers will be advised on the available options to get this certificate well prior their check in process.
Cost: Antigen Rapid Test currently at 20€. PCR Test currently at 60€.
Forms of payment: Customers should pay for the service with a debit or credit card.
Recommendation: As there are no scheduled appointments, customers must be aware of potential flow sequence issues. Therefore, passengers who intent to take an Antigen Rapid Test just before their flight are advised to arrive at the airport 4 hours and no later than 3 hours prior to their planned departure in order to ensure smooth flow and to get the test certificate on time.